I have about three thousand loose leaf papers with different recipes on them stuffed into my cupboards or stuck inside various cookbooks. I just want to have them all organinzed. This is my attempt to get them that way.

Friday, August 12, 2011

chocolate chip cookies

I honestly, have at least 4 chocolate chip cookie recipes, and I use them all. It just depends on the texture and flavor that I am looking for on that particular day. This recipe, however, is my standby. Generally speaking, it is my favorite. Plus - the butter doesn't have to be room temperature so I can make them on a whim!

Ingredients:
2 C. + 2 T. Flour
1/2 t. Salt
1/2 t. Baking Soda
1 C. Butter
1 C. + 2 T Brown Sugar
1/2 C. Granulated Sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1/2 T. Vanilla
1 1/2 c. Chocolate Chips
1 C. Toasted Walnuts

Directions:
-Whisk together the flour, soda and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat melt the butter (DO NOT BOIL) Turn off the heat and add both sugars - Whisk until combined. Transfer to a bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- Whisk eggs and vanilla into butter mixture. Fold in the reserved flour mixture with a wooden spoon. Fold in the chips and nuts. Wrap in plastic wrap and put in the fridge for 30 minutes or until firm. If you have a small ice cream Scooper then use that to make balls with the dough. If not, then you can cut the dough in a grid-like pattern and break off the squares and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325 for 12-14 minutes.

Number Of Servings:3 dozen
Preparation Time: an hour

No comments:

Post a Comment