I have about three thousand loose leaf papers with different recipes on them stuffed into my cupboards or stuck inside various cookbooks. I just want to have them all organinzed. This is my attempt to get them that way.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Holly Cookies

I love these -but they are only appropriate at Christmas since they look like Holly. They remind me of my Aunt Susie-the first time I ever ate one I was in her kitchen. In fact she forced me to eat it because I was unsure about their green color. I sure am glad she told me to take that first bite!

1 cube margarine
30 large marshmallows
1 C. coconut
2 t. almond extract
3 1/2 C. corn flakes
green food coloring

Melt margarine, marshmallows and flood coloring in a on-stick pan over low heat. Add coconut, extract and cornflakes. Mix well. Drop by spoonful onto waxed paper that has been sprayed with Pam. Use 3 red hots as little berries.

No comments:

Post a Comment